Some of our local favorite Eats:
- Tellico Grains Bakery For homemade pastries, sandwiches and wood fired brick oven pizza.
- Iron Works Gille Fantastic food and drinks on the river.
- Tellico Beach Drive-In Long-time tradition in Tellico for burgers, hotdogs and ice-cream.
- Trout Mountain Coffeehouse Great place to stop for coffee and something sweet with indoor and outdoor seating.
- La Loteria Can't go wrong here if you like Mexican food.
- Tellicafe Best choice for good ole Southern cooking.
Things To Do:
- No trip to Tellico is complete without a ride up River road, 20 miles of scenic road following the Tellico River with one of the best Trout fishing in the east leading to Green Cove angler community and Tellico Trout Hatchery.
- Bald River Falls. Hike up to the top for a great view or continue on for a fantastic multi-mile hike. Click here for Many other hikes in area.
- A ride or drive up the Cherohala Skyway is a absolute must! Check out Indian Boundary Recreation Area just of the first part of Skyway. After you cross in to Nort Carolina you will run in to Santeetlah lake. Grab some food at historical Tapoco Lodge then stop at Cheoah Dam made famous in the 1993 movie “The Fugitive” starring Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones. Now you are only few miles from world famous 318 curves in 11 miles the Tail of the Dragon as well as Fontana Dam, part of Appalachian Trail.
- more local resources can be found on Monroe county site.